Welders 3G & 6G
(all plants, Odessa, Brownwood,
* Denotes essential functions of the job description.
- *Be certified to perform welding
operations in various and/or particular welding positions, depending upon
the code requirement specified for each job assignment (usually A.S.M.E. 3G
or 6G positions).
- *Have the mental skills necessary to read
and understand blueprints and their symbols, and perform layout and welding
operations from them.
- *Ensure that the proper welds and
materials are being utilized in accordance with customer specifications.
- *Have the physical ability to climb
vessels, stairs, etc., a minimum of 20 times per day and to function in
conditions resulting in no back support at least 90% of each working day.
- *Have the physical dexterity and the
mental ability to be able to operate most machines in the Welding
department, including but not limited to, semi-automatic (MIG, TIG, SAW) and
manual welding machines, wire feeder, grinder, etc.
- *Have the physical ability to lift and
carry tools, welding rods, parts, miscellaneous metal, flux, wire, bottled
gasses and various other materials in excess of 50+ pounds.
- Be alert to the dangers and warning
signals associated with the operation of the shop and communicate those
dangers when necessary.
- Have a basic understanding of the
requirements of A.S.M.E. code or other standards relating to welding and
You can either fax your application to Personnel at 432-337-2624 or drop it
off at the main Odessa Office.